(Owner and Principal Photographer)
Hi there! I’m Danya (pronounced “don-yuh”–like Tanya, but with a ‘d’) – photographer, self-proclaimed traveler, and amateur foodie. Growing up, I was that kid who was always so forgetful. So when my family got our first camera, I was intrigued by how a photo can insight a memory I would’ve forgotten. I fell in love with photography during my last year in high school and when it came time to go to college, I decided to dedicate my time at San Jose State to learn more.
In 2018, I started growing Danya Chen Photography into a three-woman team!
Random facts about me:
- Born and raised in the Bay Area! While I love traveling and exploring new places, the Bay Area will always be home.
- I love spending time with my puppy, Sunny! He's a white English lab and you can find photos of him on IG @sunnythewhitepup
- Oh and I have a husband named Andre
- Game night is my favorite pass time with my friends. I’ve been known to ruin games by winning too much, so watch out!
- I’m a hard person to get a gift for, but one thing I’ll always love… cookies!! Chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, white chocolate macadamia, the list goes on.
- I use too many exclamation points, but trust me, I’m truly excited!!!!
In late 2018, Danya Chen Photography added an associate photographer to the team in order to provide high quality services to all clients. Raven looks for the blissful moments in life and believes there is no better feeling than capturing those moments. She began photographing weddings in 2013 when she was based in Georgia before she moved to California and met Danya.
"Raven here! Engineer by day, photographer by nights… and weekends. When I’m not stalking Danya’s Instagram, I’m playing with my dog, exploring the beautiful state of California, riding my motorcycle, or thinking about the next color to dye my hair. More than those, I love capturing the mushy, gushiness between two lovebirds. Let me tell you my worst jokes, so that I can capture your most genuine smiles and laughs; let’s capture some memories!"
- Find her on our IG under #dcpwithraven
In 2020, Danya Chen Photography has expanded her team with another associate, Erica! Erica has a great eye for seeing light in a fun and new way. Weddings have always been big moments in Erica’s life that it only made sense she ended up becoming a wedding photographer.She captures every moment--the ones everyone has their eyes on and the ones you might have missed. Her husband, Miguel, and her have been working as a team for the past 6 years and we are so excited to have them join us!
“Hey there! I hope you're ready to become best friends, because it's most likely to happen after you learn some important details about me. On top of being a full-time photographer, I am also a wife, fur mom, Hufflepuff, and self proclaimed movie critic. I have big dreams of attending Hogwarts one day, and I'm certain it'll happen as soon as the owl delivering my acceptance letter finds my house. I can and will quote The Office any chance I get, it's not that hard... ‘I am Beyonce, always!’ If you're trying to find the quickest way to my heart, just hand me one of the following: a new plant, a glass of beer, or a bowl of salt & lime popcorn. So, new bestie, are you ready to hang out and capture some fun portraits with your special person?
- Find her on our IG under #dcpwitherica