(Owner and Principal Photographer)
Hi there! I’m Danya (pronounced “don-yuh”–like Tanya, but with a ‘d’) – photographer, self-proclaimed traveler, and amateur foodie. Growing up, I was that kid who was always so forgetful. So when my family got our first camera, I was intrigued by how a photo can insight a memory I would’ve forgotten. I fell in love with photography during my last year in high school and when it came time to go to college, I decided to dedicate my time at San Jose State to learn more.
In 2018, I started growing Danya Chen Photography into a three-woman team!
Random facts about me:
- Born and raised in the Bay Area! While I love traveling and exploring new places, the Bay Area will always be home.
- I love spending time with my puppy, Sunny! He's a white English lab and you can find photos of him on IG @sunnygoodboy_
- Oh and I have a husband named Andre
- Game night is my favorite pass time with my friends. I’ve been known to ruin games by winning too much, so watch out!
- I’m a hard person to get a gift for, but one thing I’ll always love… cookies!! Chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, white chocolate macadamia, the list goes on.
- I use too many exclamation points, but trust me, I’m truly excited!!!!
In 2020, Danya Chen Photography has expanded her team with another associate, Erica! Erica has a great eye for seeing light in a fun and new way. Weddings have always been big moments in Erica’s life that it only made sense she ended up becoming a wedding photographer.She captures every moment--the ones everyone has their eyes on and the ones you might have missed. Her husband, Miguel, and her have been working as a team for the past 6 years and we are so excited to have them join us!
“Hey there! I hope you're ready to become best friends, because it's most likely to happen after you learn some important details about me. On top of being a full-time photographer, I am also a wife, fur mom, Hufflepuff, and self proclaimed movie critic. I have big dreams of attending Hogwarts one day, and I'm certain it'll happen as soon as the owl delivering my acceptance letter finds my house. I can and will quote The Office any chance I get, it's not that hard... ‘I am Beyonce, always!’ If you're trying to find the quickest way to my heart, just hand me one of the following: a new plant, a glass of beer, or a bowl of salt & lime popcorn. So, new bestie, are you ready to hang out and capture some fun portraits with your special person?
- Find her on our IG under #dcpwithassociates