I’m Danya (pronounced “don-yuh”–like Tanya, but with a ‘d’) – photographer, self-proclaimed traveler, and amateur foodie. Growing up in the Bay Area, my family always took interest in new technologies. I grew up with disposable film cameras, then in middle school, everyone had a point and shoot cameras (Canon Powershots!), and finally in high school, I got my first DSLR. I fell in love with learning and growing in photography during my last year in high school and when it came time to go to college, I decided to dedicate my time at San Jose State to learn more. In 2017, I graduated and received my Bachelors in Fine Art in Photography!
I photograph to connect. My whole life, I’ve used a camera to photograph my family and document the moments we’ve enjoyed. Photographs are how I relate to others and am reminded of the beautiful stories in other people’s lives.
Random facts about me:
- Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area!
- I love playing board games–my favorite are deception games… I wonder if that says anything about me… 😛
- I’ve probably walked a thousand miles in my Rainbow flip flops, but I also love my Birkenstocks
- I make any excuse to go to Hawaii (been going once a year since 2015)
- Following that, I’ve traveled to Budapest (2016-2017) and New York (2017-2018) for the last two New Years Eve’s. For 2019, I’ll be in Portland!
- My greatest addiction is exploring different worlds through TV and entertainment.
- I love cookies!! Chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, white chocolate macadamia, the list goes on!
Thank you for checking out my page! =)